Elder Care in Cinnaminson NJ
If your aging parent is like many people, caffeine consumption is a part of their daily life. March is Caffeine Awareness Month, the ideal opportunity for you to evaluate your parent’s daily lifestyle and help them to make decisions that are right for their health. If after talking to their doctor you and your parent decide that it would be better for their health and well-being that they reduce the amount of caffeine that they consume on a regular basis, your parent might find that the change is more challenging than they expected. Fortunately there are ways that you can help them to integrate this change into their routine.
Use these tips to help reduce the amount of caffeine that your aging loved one consumes on a regular basis:
• Check the ingredients of everything that they eat and drink so that they can find “hidden” caffeine and get more familiar with the foods and beverages that they consume on a regular basis until they can avoid the caffeine more easily.
• Avoid going “cold turkey”. Caffeine withdrawal can be extremely difficult, especially for those who have been drinking caffeine most of their lives. Help your loved one reduce the risk of experiencing headaches, nausea, and jitters by reducing their intake slowly.
• Replace their morning coffee with herbal tea so that they can still get the experience of a flavorful hot beverage without the caffeine.
• Encourage them to drink three cups of water for each cup of caffeinated beverage that they drink. They are likely to find that they do not have the thirst to reach for those caffeinated options
Starting elder care for your aging loved one can be an exceptional way to help your elderly parent live the highest quality of life possible as they age in place. This elderly home care services provider can be with your parent on a customized schedule that is right for them and their goals for their lifestyle throughout their later years. This means that they will be able to stay safe, healthy, comfortable, and happy while also pursuing independence, activity, and fulfillment throughout their later years. When it comes to helping them maintain their health and well-being, this care provider can be an invaluable source of support. They can help your loved one understand any guidelines or recommendations put forth for them by their doctor and create a highly personalized approach to care and support designed to integrate these guidelines and recommendations in a way that addresses their needs as well as their individuality. As a family caregiver this can give you confidence and peace of mind knowing that even when you are not able to be in the home with your parent, they are getting everything that they need to experience their best life as they age in place. If your parent’s healthy lifestyle includes reducing the amount of caffeine that they are consuming on a regular basis, this care provider can be a valuable source of support. They can help your loved one remember why they are making this decision, guide them in making better lifestyle choices, and make recommendations for how they can reduce their caffeine consumption on a regular basis.
If you or an aging loved-one are considering elder care in Cinnaminson, NJ, please contact the caring staff at TLC Home Care Services today. Call (856) 234-8700 for more information.
Kelly C. McCabe is a founding partner and co-owner of TLC HomeCare Services.She and her business partner,Patti Maltese founded TLC HomeCare Services in March of 2009.In addition to management, marketing and sales, staffing and recruiting, Kelly holds her New Jersey producer’s license in Health and Life insurance and is also a New Jersey Certified Home Health Aide.Kelly is the proud mother of two daughters and is a resident of Moorestown, NJ.
Latest posts by Patti Maltese and Kelly McCabe (see all)
- Bird Migration Season for Elderly Birdwatchers - October 11, 2017
- Yes, That New Medicaid Card Your Dad Received is Legit - October 5, 2017
- What are the Possible Complications of a TBI? - September 29, 2017